Leah's Thoughts
Friday, April 01, 2005
 
WordPress
I have been looking into WordPress over the last couple of days. Some of the blogs that I have read use WordPress. I wasn't 100% at the time what it was, I'm sure it should have been obvious, but it wasn't.

WordPress essentially is your own blog posted on your own site, anywhere you want. Well almost anywhere, you have to have access to a database, and your site has to host php pages. My current personal website has both of those, so I decided to try ito out overthere. I am still playing with it and trying to decide if I really want to move it or not. I like the looks of it, but I don't know what type of limitation I have on the size of my blog yet. If I do decide to moe my blog, again, I will just setup this page to jump directly to it. Maybe I wil add a link to it when I am happy with the way it is working, and get opinions on it. Personally with WordPress, I feel like I have more control over how things are working with it, not that it is much different than logging into this site here and adding posts.

Can you tell I don't want to work today? I am essentially 45 minutes early for work today, so I thought adding a post would be a good way to waste that time.

Comments:
I downloaded World press and tried a little bit, It uses PHP and MY SQL. There is a limitations, large contents cannot be posted. Does not come in blog search.

I love Blogger.com

Thanks,
Happy Blogging.
http://www.limsnetwork
 
Post a Comment

< < Home


Powered by Blogger